- Meal Plan to Build Lean Muscle
- Meal #1
2 whole eggs
- 5 oz. lean beef or ½ cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup oatmeal
- Option B: 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg omelet with 1 or 2 oz. cheese, 1 slice whole-grain toast with almond butter.
- Meal #2
Protein Drink: 2 scoops Ultimate Muscle Protein, 1 Tbsp healthy fat source (olive oil, flax oil, almond butter) or heavy cream. – Optional: 1 serving low carb fruit.
- Option B: 1 can tuna (water packed), ½ cup cottage cheese and 1 snack-size cup pineapple (unsweetened).
- Meal #3
6 oz chicken breast (or other lean protein source),
- ½ cup cooked brown rice (or other complex carbohydrate source).
- Optional: 1 or 2 servings of low carb fruit or vegetables.
- Option B: 4 oz. roast beef, 1 oz. Swiss cheese, 2 slices rye bread, 1 apple, salad
- Meal #4
1 can tuna or 4 oz. turkey breast
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup pineapple (unsweetened) or ½ cantaloupe
- Option B: Protein Drink with two scoops Muscle Provider or Ultimate Muscle Protein, 1 Tbsp healthy fat source (olive oil, flax oil, almond butter) or heavy cream.
- Meal #5:
6-8 oz. steak, pork loin, chicken, turkey or fish
- 4-6 oz. baked potato or sweet potato
- 1-2 cups low carb vegetables or salad.
- Meal #6:
Protein pudding – mix two scoops Ultimate Muscle Protein in a bowl with just enough water to make a pudding texture. Add one tablespoon of almond butter, walnuts, or heavy cream.
- Option B: 6 egg whites, 3 oz. chicken breast, one serving low carbohydrate vegetable or fruit.
Those of you who have helped someone put together an individualized eating program will recognize this common problem. The dieter may say some dietary staple does not meet their taste preference, is too hard to prepare on their schedule, or is restricted due to a food allergy. A level of flexibility and variety makes it easier to maintain consistency in your dieting program.