.If you start your diet on a Monday,the first carb load meal is on Thursday and then again on the following Monday.Continue on the Monday/Thursday protocol throughout your program.A high carbohydrate meal every third and then fourth day will help to:
- Refuel muscle and liver glycogen stores
- Prevent decline in metabolism (thyroid function remains optimal)
- Provide satiety –mental ease
- Facilitate muscle growth by increasing uptake of amino acids and insulin surge drives IGF-1 production. Optimizes the "anabolic effect of insulin,while minimizing its lipogenic (fat producing) effect.
- It’s important to have this meal as the final meal of the day to assure it’s being stored as glycogen and not being burned for energy.
BASIC BEVERLY CARB UP MEAL – MALE
1.5 cups oatmeal (precooked) or cooked rice,10 oz. sweet potato,medium banana,1 cup vegetables,1 tbsp. butter,almond butter or oil at the end of the day.
BASIC BEVERLY CARB UP MEAL –FEMALE
1-cup oatmeal (before cooking);6 oz. sweet potato (after cooking);4 oz. banana;1 cup vegetables;1 tbsp. butter or almond butter
SEAN YOUNG’S LEGENDARY CARB MEAL BREAD RECIPE
The carb meal consists of ¾ cup oats,a 10 oz. sweet potato,2 cups chopped mushrooms,1 banana and 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Bake a 10 oz. sweet potato until soft.
- Blend cooked sweet potato,oatmeal,banana,and water into a thick paste.
- Add two teaspoons baking powder and place in a bread pan.
- Preheat the oven to 375° and bake for 35 minutes to an hour (cooking time will vary depending on amount of water added).
- Once done baking you may place it in the refrigerator and eat cold or eat warm. You can melt the butter on top and cover with ground cinnamon and a sweetener such as Splenda. You can eat the vegetables on the side or blend in with the carb meal (mushrooms taste best blended in!).
Nutrition: Calories:452 / Protein:48g / Carbs:35g / Fat:12g
MONDAY &THURSDAY CARB UP BREAD #2By: Bendel
- 1 ½cup of oatmeal
- 10 oz. sweet potato
- 4 oz. banana
- 2 pkts Splenda (Go easy with this,too much gives it a funny aftertaste.)
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. butter
Mix it all up and bake it in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes or until it has the right consistency. Tastes just like banana breadVariation by Vanessa & TomI make this bread and use ½ tsp. baking soda + ½tsp. baking powder. I don’t think it’s the Splenda that gives it an –off"taste,it’s the baking soda. I think 1 tbsp. is too much.
MONDAY &THURSDAY CARB UP BREAD #3By: LargeMammal
- Ingredients: Makes 2 dozen
- 1 ½ cups instant oats
- 8 oz. sweet potato
- 4 oz. banana
- ½tsp. each baking soda &powder
- Variation by Jon Abrams
Try adding canned pumpkin as a substitute for the sweet potato. ½ cup of the canned pumpkin has 9 g of carbohydrates. Because the pumpkin is very moist,you will need to add less water to the recipe.
MONDAY &THURSDAY CARB UP BREAD #4By:Flowride
- 2 cups of oatmeal
- 1 banana
- ½cup canned,unsweetened pumpkin
- 1 tsp. baking soda (no more or the recipe will taste bad)
Mix all the ingredients with a Magic Bullet blender or regular blender with approximately ½to ¾cups of water. This should make the mixture quite thick,like a pie filling. Fill a round;throw away tin (that you’d bake a pie in). Place the tin into your oven (that’s been preheated to 350 degrees). Bake for 20 minutes to 30 minutes max. I like to put Splenda and butter on top afterwards for taste,along with some pumpkin pie spice.Nutrition: based on 24 bites. 1 per serving. (Not including dark chocolate coating)Calories:49 / Protein:3.5 / Carbs:4.5 / Fat:2
CARB UP IDEA #1By:Amy from IL
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl (1 cup oatmeal,6 oz. sweet potato,medium banana,1 tbsp. butter). Add ¾ cup water and ½ tsp. baking soda. Put it in a pan. Cook in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes an incredible oatmeal cookie.
CARB UP IDEA #2By:Rvan Makes approximately 18 cookies
- 3/4 coconut flour
- 2 scoops Beverly Vanilla UMP
- 1 c shredded carrots
- 2 eggs
- 2 Egg whites
- 1/2 cup Walden Farms Pancake Syrup
- 1 cup Truvia/Stevia
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon 1
- ½ tsp. Nutmeg
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup coconut,shredded
- ¼ cup walnuts,chopped
Cook up ¾ cup of oats in the microwave. Add some Splenda. Let cool slightly. Butter Ezekiel toast with Smart Balance spread. Put the oats between the toast for a sandwich.
CARB UP IDEA #3By: frank2
- 1 ½ cups dry quick oats
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Put all ingredients into a food processor on high until they become a powder. Put into a bowl and set aside. Put your banana into the processor and blend until it becomes a smooth pudding. Now,mix the banana,oats and about a cup of water until it becomes a batter. Cook on a 350 degree nonstick skillet like pancakes. Cooks up and taste just like real pancakes. No Splenda needed. The banana gives it just the right amount of sweetness. You could try just a little sugar free syrup for added flavor.
CARB LOAD OATMEAL BAKEBy:Brochas
- 10 oz. sweet potato
- 1-1 ½cup oats
- 1-2 tsp. baking powder
Microwave the sweet potato. Mash it while it’s still warm with the banana. Add in Splenda,vanilla,cinnamon,baking powder and oats. Make the consistency dry;not too wet or it won’t set up when cooked. Spread the mixture in a pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees until its brown and firm. Spread the butter on top. Sprinkle with more cinnamon or Splenda. Eat warm.