Beverly no-bake protein barBy:Brian Calkins,Healthstyle Fitness
- 5 tbsp. natural peanut butter (chunky or smooth) or almond or cashew butter
- ½ cup dry oat meal
- 1 cup oat flour (or double the dry oats)
- 6 scoops Muscle Provider Chocolate
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. flax seeds (optional)
- 1 cup non-fat dry milk
- ½ cup water
Spray an 8-by-8 baking dish with Pam. Mix dry ingredients,and then add peanut butter and mix. Add water and vanilla. Using a wooden spoon,mix until sticky dough forms. Spread into pan and refrigerate a few hours (or freeze for 1 hour) Cut into 9 or more squares. Wrap bars individually or store in covered container between sheets of wax paper. Keep refrigerated. Makes 9 bars,each 197 calories.I’ve added honey,vanilla MP and nuts. I have always doubled the dry oats and dropped the oat flour (mainly because I don’t have oat flour in my cupboard).
phil "heath" protein bars
- Serves 1
- 2 cups oats
- 4 scoops Protein Power BarsProtein Power heath Bars
- ½ cump Truvia 1 cup water
- ½ cup almond butter
- 2 Heath Bars (shattered)
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl REALLY well. Mixture may look dry at first but keep mixing it. Start with ½ cup of water if you are using a protein other than UMP.
- Place in an 8X8 pan lined with wax paper. Press down firmly and freeze for 30min to an hour.
- Cut into 8 bars. Store in fridge.
Nutrition: Calories:288 Protein:15 Carbs:25 Fat:15
Mint chocolate ganache protein barMakes 12 doughnuts
- Mint layer:
- 2 cups Oats
- ½ cup Almond butter
- ¼ cup Truvia
- 4 scoops of Beverly International Vanilla
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 2 tsp. green food coloring (optional)
- Chocolate Ganache:
- ½cup unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup Cacao Butter (or coconut oil)
- ½ cup Water
- 1 scoop Beverly International Chocolate UMP
- ¼cup Truvia
- Place all Mint layer ingredients in a bowl and mix really well. If using another protein,start with only ½cup of water.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with wax paper and place half of the mint layer in the pan. Press down firmly and place in freezer while you mix the ganache.
- Place cocoa powder in a bowl. Make sure it is clump free.
- Add the cacao butter to the cocoa powder. Using a spoon,grind bigger pieces of cocoa powder. Chop the butter in smaller pieces for easier processing.
- Put the contents of the bowl in a blender or a food processor and blend them into a fine paste (if you don’t have an access to a blender or a food processor you can use a regular mixer for the job but I will warn you,it will be messy.)
- Put water in a pot and add the paste to it. Heat it up until it’s hot,but not boiling.
- Put the fluid back in the bowl and add milk,UMP and Truvia while it’s still hot.
- Place all that chocolaty goodness back in the blender or food processor to mix until smooth.
- Remove mint layer from freezer and pour chocolate ganache on top.
- Place back in freezer for an hour or until it is hardened.
- Remove from freezer and place other half of mint layer on top.
- Slice into 8 bars. Commence Mint Chocolate Coma.
Nutrition: Calories:342; Protein:20; Carbs:30; Sugar: 2.75;Fat:20