Men’s Bodybuilding Supplement Program
ESSENTIAL: When preparing for a bodybuilding competition, supplementation is crucial for retaining your hard earned lean muscle while simultaneously losing accumulated bodyfat for that well-conditioned look judges want.
To maintain and gain muscle, start with two containers of UMP (pick your favorite flavors, and be sure to mix it up for variety), 2 bottles of Quadracarn, one Creatine Select and one Glutamine Select.
- Ultimate Muscle Protein as listed in the nutrition plan below
- Quadracarn – 3 tablets three times daily (morning, pre workout, and evening)
- Creatine Select – take 1 scoop daily with the meal of your choice Quick Tip: Choose the same meal each day to more easily remember
- Glutamine Select – 2 scoops mixed in 8-16 oz. water and sipped during training
ADVANCED: Lean Out and 7-Keto will take your fat loss to the next level, while Density ensures you’re getting the most out of the foods you’re eating.
- Lean Out – 2 with each and every meal
- 7-Keto – 3 capsules, 2x daily about 6 hours apart
- Density – 2-3 with each meal
COMPREHENSIVE: To really add Lean Mass, even in a fat loss centric diet, choose to add the time tested combo of Mass Amino Acids and Ultra 40 Liver tabs.
- Mass – 3 with each meal
- Ultra 40 – 3 with each meal
MAXIMUM: The final step in achieving your best ever competition body would be to add in Muscularity and Muscle Synergy (can be substituted for Creatine Select also, if it fits into your budget).
- Muscularity – 2-3 with each meal
- Muscle Synergy – 1 scoop (8 tablets) 2x daily; take one serving directly before training on those days
GENERAL HEALTH SUPPLEMENTS: Take one Super Pak with Meal 1. Take 3 EFA Gold with Meals 1 and 3.
› For more information about any supplement listed in the program above, visit » Products
PRE-CONTEST NUTRITION PLAN
- Note: In the meal plans below all meats are weighed prior to cooking
- Meal #1
- 8 oz. lean beef or turkey, 3 egg whites & 1 yolk, 1 grapefruit
- Meal #2
- 3 scoops Ultimate Muscle Protein, 1 tablespoon healthy fat (olive oil, flax oil, almond butter) or 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Meal #3
- 8 oz. chicken or turkey breast (weighed prior to cooking), 2 cups vegetables
- Meal #4
- 2-3 scoops Ultimate Muscle Protein, 1 tablespoon healthy fat (olive oil, flax oil, almond butter) or 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Whole Food Option: 6 oz. canned tuna or 5 oz. chicken; 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg; 1 tomato
- Meal #5
- 10 oz. lean meat (chicken, turkey, fish, 93% or leaner beef, etc.), 4 cups salad (lettuce, tomato, carrot, cucumber, green peppers, etc.), 2tbs. Newman’s Own Oil and Vinegar or Balsamic Dressing
- Meal #6
- 4 oz. chicken or turkey breast; 6 egg whites; 1 cup omelet vegetables
- Carb Load Meal:
- Monday and Thursday: In place of meal 6 or as an added 7th meal if your condition warrants it: 1.5 cups oatmeal (precooked) or cooked rice, 10 oz. sweet potato, 1 medium banana, 1 cup vegetables, 1 tablespoon butter, almond butter or oil to prolong the positive effects of the carb up meal and stabilize your blood sugar through the night.
- Make sure to visit our » Recipes section of Beverly International.com to see some really creative Carb Meal ideas.
- NOTE: It’s okay to adjust portions or add or decrease a meal as needed to maintain progress. Do not worry about the particular order of your meals, if you want to eat Meal #1 as your last meal of the day, go ahead, it’s OK.
- BEVERAGES: Make sure that you drink at least six to eight 8oz. glasses of water each day (that’s four 16oz. bottles). Watch out for calories in the liquids you drink, juices and regular soft drinks will sabotage your progress. Limit your beverages to water, coffee, unsweetened tea, diet sodas, and Crystal Light.
- FREE FOODS: You can eat any of the following at any time, without jeopardizing your results: Sugar free gum, sugar-free Jell-O, Splenda, Equal, seasonings, mustard, vinegar, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Jeff Williamson
- Height: 5’9″
- Weight: (Off-Season) 240, (Contest) 210 pouds
Your First Grocery Shopping List
Now, let’s get started! Your first stop is the grocery. Here’s a list that will take care of about everything on your nutrition plan.
- 1 carton of liquid egg whites
- 1 carton of eggs
- 1 small container of Heavy Whipping Cream and/or One container of Almond Butter (usually found in the Natural Health Foods section of your store)
- 2 medium sized bananas
- 1 small container Quaker 1 minute Oatmeal
- Skinless chicken breasts
- Fresh or Frozen fish or tuna cans (packed in water)
- Lean ground beef or turkey breast
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 bags of salad (or fresh greens for salads)
- Fresh or frozen vegetables of your choice
- Newman’s Own Oil and Vinegar dressing (or Balsamic Vinaigrette)
- 2 twelve-packs of bottled water
If you can’t tolerate (or just don’t like) one or more of the foods listed in your nutrition plan, please check our Master Foods List for acceptable substitutions.
Download PDF version Mens Bodybuilding over 185.