Men over 185 see diet 18
- Emphasis on fat loss
- Increased muscle size
Men’s Physique Competition Supplement Program
ESSENTIAL: When preparing for any type of physique competition, supplementation is crucial for retaining your hard earned lean muscle while simultaneously losing accumulated body-fat for that well-conditioned look judges want.
To maintain and gain muscle, start with two containers of UMP (pick your favorite flavors, and be sure to mix it up for variety), 2 bottles of Quadracarn (over 35 years of age), Lean Out and 7-Keto. Add Glutamine Select for increased muscle retention.
- Ultimate Muscle Protein as listed in the meal plan below
- Quadracarn – 3 tablets three times daily (morning, pre workout, and evening)
- Lean Out – 2 with each and every meal
- 7-Keto – 3 capsules, 2x daily about 6 hours apart
- Glutamine Select – 2 scoops mixed in 8-16 oz. water and sipped during training
ADVANCED: To continue adding Lean Muscle, even in a fat loss centric diet, choose to add the time tested combo of Mass Amino Acids and Ultra 40 Liver tabs.
- Mass Aminos – 3 with each meal
- Ultra 40 – 3 with each meal
COMPREHENSIVE: Muscle retention becomes crucial as your contest approaches, add Muscularity and Density to your meals to round out your nutrient profiles, stabilize blood sugar and preserve lean tissue.
- Muscularity – 2-3 with each meal
- Density – 2-3 with each meal
MAXIMUM: The final step in achieving your best ever competition body would be to add in Muscle Synergy (can be substituted with Creatine Select, to fit your budget).
- Muscle Synergy – 1 scoop (8 tablets) 2x daily; take one serving directly before training on those days
» For more information about any supplement listed in the program above, visit » Products
Contest Prep Nutrition Plan
- Note: In the meal plans below all meats are weighed prior to cooking
- Meal #1
- 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites, 5 oz. lean meat, ½ cup oatmeal (before cooking)
- Meal #2
- 2 Scoops Ultimate Muscle Protein, 2 tablespoons healthy fat (almond butter, flax oil, olive oil) or 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, add enough water to make a shake or pudding the consistency you desire.
- Whole food option: 8 oz. lean beef, 1 apple or other fruit from “Master Foods List”
- Meal #3
- 8 oz. lean meat, 6 oz. sweet potato or 2/3 cup cooked brown rice, 2 cups vegetables (broccoli, etc.) and/or salad with 2 tablespoons Newman’s Own Oil and Vinegar or Balsamic salad dressing
- Meal #4
- (same as meal #2)
- Meal #5
- 8 oz. lean meat, 2 cups vegetables, Salad with 2 tablespoons vinegar and oil dressing.
- NOTE: It’s okay to adjust portions or add or decrease a meal as needed to maintain progress. Do not worry about the particular order of your meals, if you want to eat Meal #1 as your last meal of the day, go ahead, it’s OK.
- BEVERAGES: Make sure that you drink at least six to eight 8oz. glasses of water each day (that’s four 16oz. bottles). Watch out for calories in the liquids you drink, juices and regular soft drinks will sabotage your progress. Limit your beverages to water, coffee, unsweetened tea, diet sodas, and Crystal Light.
- FREE FOODS: You can eat any of the following at any time, without jeopardizing your results: Sugar free gum, sugar-free Jell-O, Splenda, Equal, seasonings, mustard, vinegar, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
Your First Grocery Shopping List
Now, let’s get started! Your first stop is the grocery. Here’s a list that will take care of about everything on your nutrition plan.
- 1 carton of liquid egg whites
- 1 carton eggs
- 1 small container of Heavy Whipping Cream and/or One container of Almond Butter (usually found in the Natural Health Foods section of your store)
- 1 container Quaker 1 minute Oatmeal
- Skinless chicken breasts
- Fresh or frozen fish or tuna cans (packed in water)
- Lean ground beef or turkey breast
- Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice
- Medium sized sweet potatoes
- 2 or more bags of salad (or fresh greens for salads)
- Fresh or frozen vegetables of your choice
- Newman’s Own Oil and Vinegar dressing (or Balsamic Vinaigrette)
- 2 twelve-packs of bottled water
If you can’t tolerate (or just don’t like) one or more of the foods listed in your nutrition plan,
please check our Master Foods List for acceptable substitutions.
Download PDF version Max Muscle Gain up to 185lbs.Additional Resources
› A Workout for the Novice Physique Competitor
Want to get started in Physique?
Here’s the kind of workout you should perform to get ready for your first contest.
› Men’s Physique Division was My Ticket to the Stage
› From Bodybuilder to men’s Physique Competition. Here’s How I Did It
› Training for Muscular Weight Gain
A Training and Nutrition Program for Pound-A-Week Gains
› Here’s How To Put Your Muscle-Building Training On The Right Path
Roger Riedinger with Jeff Everson
Mass and Power Training Rules
More programs for Men:
Contact us at [email protected]
Or give us a call 1-800-781-3475
QUESTIONS? No problem. Beverly specializes in Solutions.
If you have any questions regarding this nutrition plan contact BI direct.
Training Diary PDF download