1. Your training program must be progressive in one or more of the following areas:
- Amount of resistance or weight used for a particular set.
- Number of reps performed with a particular weight.
- The amount of Time in which a particular series of sets are performed decreased rest time.
2. You must improve in one of the above areas to stimulate the potential for growth:
- Even with the proper stimulus growth will only occur with proper nutrition, supplementation, rest and recuperation.
- Proper nutrition and supplementation with an assist from genetics determine HOW MUCH growth.
3. Some indispensable do’s and don’ts:
Keep a workout journal. It can be a spiral notebook or as fancy as you like. Keep track of every training session. Use the star method ★ to track your progress. Every time you use a heavier weight than before on a set, get more reps with a particular weight, or complete a series of sets in less time give yourself a star in your journal. A 10 Star workout means you did an extra rep or used more weight on at least ten sets during your workout. Finish the whole program in record time and you get another star.